Here’s a practical tip I just heard from a busy “mompreneur” on how to get things done and take your effectiveness to a whole new level this month. Enjoy, and feel free to share your own tips, experience, or questions in the comments below. I look forward to connecting with you!
Here’s a powerful strategy — with a cool example from a mom, wife, and grandmother building a home business who also wanted to homeschool her son — who ended up doing both, having more vacation time, and winning the top award in her business 2 years in a row!
Had a friend recently ask me for tips to improve focus, and here are five I sent her via Facebook messenger:
5 Quick Tips for Increasing Energy and Focus Throughout Your Day
1) Keep your blood sugar “balanced” — in other words, eat consistently, especially protein and veggies while avoiding the ups and downs of sugar and processed food (or too much caffeine, especially later in the day)
2) Get your rest. So much brain and body renewal occurs with our daily cycle of sleep, yet it’s one of the first things we skimp on when we’re “busy”. Try turning off your “screens” and “unwinding” a bit before bed, and even shifting your “stop time” earlier — I read once that the Taoists say every hour of sleep before midnight is worth two after midnight! (The Tao of Abundance by Laurence G. Boldt)
3) Stay hydrated — pure water is best (try adding a slice of lemon, lime, grapefruit, cucumber, or a mint or bay leaf for variety)
4) Time block — block off shorter segments in your day to totally focus on a specific project, task, or intention. Then re-assess at the end of that block to set your intention for the next “segment” of your day.
5) Pattern interrupt — avoid zoning out on email, facebook, internet searches, etc. Periodically step away from the computer/phone — stand up, get a drink of water, go for a short walk — or even a bike ride — to re-energize, refresh, and re-focus. You’ll find yourself more “on purpose” and more productive than if you never took the break.
There you go! Which one can you act on today? In the next hour?
What’s one of your favorite tips for increasing energy and focus throughout your day? Feel free to share in the comments below!